View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Love Bomb

Default One of those 'Wat'cha Listenin' To?' threads.

I know, I know...it's soo been done already, but I can't help myself. I became all inspired by liv's thread in Politics and Law, and what I'm listening to now. :D

I've been getting into William Burroughs and his various collaborations lately. A new one I just discovered is Burroughs and Gus Van Sant on a track called The Hipster Be-Bop Junkie. It's a crazy recording. Burroughs lyrics create a typically surreal, narcotic image; and over what I guess is the chorus is a strange echo, intoning like Vogon poetry. And it's all set to a groove that has me imagining the subversive arts and street culture of the Beat Generation all the way to Warhol's Factory and the Velvet Underground. Burroughs twisted humour is as wry and subtle in the guitar lines, as it is not in the Vogon Poetry sounds. This track is a cool, funky, unexpected pleasure - even though I'm one to expect good things from everything Burroughs has recorded.

How 'bout you? What'chu listenin' to now, or what'chu herd lately that floats yer boat?

~ Ice T ~

Page generated in 0.14110 seconds with 11 queries