View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 03:43 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrich View Post
For my part, I wish to note that there is a simple low-tech way of finding the shape of the Earth. Look at eclipses of the Moon. No matter where the Moon is in the sky, the Earth's shadow on it is approximately circular. This means that the Earth is approximately spherical.
Please attempt to explain the observational evidence I provided with the sun and moon in the sky during an eclipse, with the shadow on the moon being on the wrong side to be from the earth.
Like probably every creationist dipshit that I have ever argued with, you seem to think that a single spurious example invalidates the accepted position. We have lots of proof for a spherical earth, I don't need to answer your particular stupid shit to have a sound understanding of science.

The simplest thing for you to do would be to post a picture of the edge of the earth. See that is how science works, you have a framework of understanding that makes some prediction(in this case, if the earth is flat, it will have an edge) then you conduct an experiment and show if the data supports the theory). For this sort of conversation we are having, you would just produce evidence that supported your theory and explain why.

If you don't do this, you can't possibly prove to anyone that you are correct. Random ass examples of unexplained or odd phenomena don't make you right. My hypothetical inability to answer some bullshit example that you haven't even explained how it supports your theory doesn't prove you right.

When your idea of the universe contradicts 99.99999999999etc percent of observed phenomena, you cant point to one or two examples of error or unexplained phenomena, scream "checkmate, scientism!" and prove your point.

Well, you can do a couple of those things,but you just won't prove your point.
Angakuk (05-31-2017), Crumb (05-30-2017), Ensign Steve (06-01-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)

Page generated in 0.33068 seconds with 11 queries