View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 11:16 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Archer! Archer! Archer!

Renewed for three more seasons and I couldn’t be happier. My only complaint is that they’re apparently going to be eight-episode seasons. But on the other hand, if they maintain quality levels as high as those they maintained throughout season seven, I can’t complain too much. I feel like the shorter season allowed them to focus the storyline and jokes even better than they had in previous seasons, and the season-long arc worked really well with the private investigation concept, to the point where it made me wish they’d used these kinds of arcs before (Archer Vice was kind of similar, but it wasn’t as tightly plotted).

Adam Reed has apparently commented that he wants to keep doing the private investigation concept past season seven, which I’m quite happy about because it was a really good way to reinvent the show and, for once, the cast actually seems to be kind of good at it. Apparently he’s also begun plotting a gameplan for the end of the show (which he began doing halfway through season seven) so hopefully if season ten will be the final season (which is far from confirmed yet) it’ll be able to end gracefully.

Anyway, yeah, this is one of my favourite shows on television right now and I’m so glad we’ll be getting more of it.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Fool’s Gold · last.fm · soundcloud · Marathon Chronicles
Thanks, from:
Ari (06-25-2016), BrotherMan (06-22-2016), Janet (06-23-2016)

Page generated in 0.57749 seconds with 11 queries