View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 08:43 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Default Re: A Question For The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Oh, it's real, alright. If you don't mind seedless figs that don't actually taste like figs, you can get "wasp-free" versions, though.
I wonder how many vegans/vegetarians have happily eaten figs while blissfully unaware that they are consuming multiple decayed wasp cadavers.

Poor vegans :( No tasty figs for them.

The home I grew up in had a wonderfully productive mission fig tree in the back yard. A while back I got a sudden craving for fresh figs and realized that I had not had a fresh fig in decades. Have you any idea how just how difficult it is to find fresh figs in Iowa, even in season?

Well, I persevered and finally got a decent fresh fig fix in early August (both mission figs and tiger stripe figs) from Trader Joe's. This, even after they said they weren't going to be getting any in. They did and I drove 150 miles (round trip) to get them they day they arrived.
ceptimus (09-20-2016), Janet (09-21-2016), JoeP (09-21-2016), slimshady2357 (09-20-2016)

Page generated in 0.20346 seconds with 11 queries