View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 AM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Default Re: In Which We Opine Over Colbert's Move to CBS

I said it in Miscellany, but yeah, I think he will do good work in that format, I just think it is a waste of his talents.

The late night TV format just needs to die, IMO. Ari brings up a good point, in terms of him bringing in great guests. He could end up elevating what those shows have become. I have a bad feeling, though, that guests for those shows are determined more by whatever that network's giant media conglomerate family wants to promote that day. Shows of that ilk have become nothing more than interviews advertise whatever other media they want to sell us. They don't really cover interesting cultural topics, it is just another stop on the press junket for entertainers.

We have the internet now, we don't need that. I am not sure that either network is going to get young people to watch those shows by just getting younger hosts. If anything, The Colbert Report and Daily Show were already elevating that format to what it needs to become. They have more choice in selecting guests being buried at the bottom of the dial.
Adam (04-11-2014), Ari (04-11-2014), Crumb (04-11-2014), Gonzo (04-13-2014), Janet (04-11-2014), livius drusus (04-11-2014), ShottleBop (04-25-2014), The Lone Ranger (04-11-2014), The Man (04-11-2014)

Page generated in 0.12049 seconds with 11 queries