View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 04:31 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: post your 419 emails here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Not a 419 email, but probably a scam of some sort.

I got a text early this morning, a Chicago area number:
Quote:
Please let me know if you got this text message with a brief reply with your name. I am testing my group text because you will get your game ticket sent to this number.
I don't know the person who sent this, and getting a game ticket doesn't appeal to me, even if I didn't think this was a scam.

This text was sent to 19 people (that my phone shows). 15 people replied. 13 people replied with their name.

So that's roughly 2/3rds (68%) of the people totally fell for it and 10% responded but didn't follow the directions. We are doomed.

What is my obligation to these 18 other strangers?
Hey, Goodish news? This apparently was a real group of people attempting to arrange a weekend trip around some game. I got a few pictures of a bunch of white guys maybe between 30-70 and some texts like "I'm going to the liquor store, what should I get?"

I'd share the pictures, but they were boring, and I deleted the texts as soon as I received them.
One person specifically sent me an individual text and I did reply to that person. Told them I had no idea who any of them were, it was a wrong number.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-04-2022), Sock Puppet (04-17-2023), Stormlight (05-04-2022), viscousmemories (05-05-2022)

Page generated in 0.26468 seconds with 11 queries