View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Default Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
So, in addition to not getting what I thought I was - which I can be okay with - I feel we're getting short sheeted with something that has the Marvel name on it but really could be about any spy team that is hastily assembled from inferior parts which somehow magically turn out to be the best assembled (no pun) team.
That's probably the thing that bugs me the most. I had next to no expectations for the show, other than it would be set in the Marvel Filmverse, and it's not really doing anything cool with the setting. I do feel like they're building towards things that might be interesting (in particular, I really hope they do something with the ideas introduced in the first episode, and reinforced this week, about the role of secrecy and anti-democracy in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mission, and what that means in a world full of superpowers), but so far you're right; it's just a generic action adventure show with occasional easter eggs to remind us where we are.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-24-2013), Dingfod (10-25-2013), Janet (10-25-2013), wei yau (10-24-2013)

Page generated in 0.27050 seconds with 11 queries