Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 01:12 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
So in several crucial states (including Pennsylvania, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia), what we have, essentially, is a collection of 1s and 0s. There is little to nothing that can be done after the fact to ensure that these 1s and 0s have any resemblance to actual vote tallies.
Eh, SC was out of reach. And the results in Georgia and Florida were in line with what the polls were saying. And in Pennsylvania, it matches the pattern in other similar states, and at any rate, you need at least FL + PA/GA to get to a win.

After the election, during the Jill Stein recount, the quants were saying that there was no correlation between the type of voting machine and the swing, once you account for other factors.

For example, people tried to make something of the voting machines in Wisconsin. I don't remember the exact details, but the correlation was eliminated once you accounted for other demographic factors (it was something like Milwaukee is one of the only places in WI that uses paper ballots or something like that), and the results in Minnesota which uses paper ballots statewide and has a Democratic governor were very consistent with what we saw in states like WI and PA.

I'd certainly be in favor of an audit of the machines used in 2016, and in particular, beefing up the security of our voting systems and ensuring that we have a paper trail or other physical record. But there is at least statistical evidence that the type of voting machine was not correlated with the results, and that suggests that the vote tallies were not hacked.
Quote:
So again, I ask: what assurance is there that Clinton even lost in 2016? Indeed, given the president*’s long, established history of accusing political opponents of doing things he himself either was already guilty of or proceeded to do in the future when he had the opportunity, the fact that he continually accused the election of being rigged in Clinton’s favour seems like a smoking gun. He is essentially psychological projection incarnate. Maybe he was accusing the election of being rigged for Clinton because he knew it was rigged the other way ’round.
This, however, totally makes sense.

After all, just days after getting these emails and being told that the Russian government was interfering on his father's behalf (a revelation he received so nonchalantly that it suggests that Donnie Jr already knew about it) and then meeting with a Russian, Donnie Jr went on TV to say that the notion that Russia was helping daddy's campaign was nonsense.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-12-2017), Crumb (07-12-2017), lisarea (07-12-2017), Stormlight (07-12-2017), The Man (07-12-2017)

Page generated in 0.34500 seconds with 11 queries