View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I don't think it's god-awful. It's clear and elucidating.
I disagree and think the writing is abysmally terrible, particularly compared to the numinous prose of the Authentic Text, but here again, that's just a difference of opinion. God-awful or not, your Corrupted Text isn't the Authentic Text, and readers have no way of knowing which things you made up, deleted, or re-wrote to suit your own agenda.
Whatever you say Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
That's why I think everyone should reject your Corrupted Text. If one is interested in the work of Seymour Lessans, one should read the Authentic Text as written by him and published in his lifetime. That seems like a commonsense notion, doesn't it? How strange that it's up to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, to give it voice.
You are deluded.

Quote:
Why am I so upset? Because you're making a joke out of the book. You're not reading it to understand. You're reading it to get a laugh at his expense. I think some parts are funny too, but at least I know what he was getting at. Do you? No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
peacegirl, I refuse to accept your blame. I urge you to transmute the baser metals of your blameful nature and take up that magic elixir (that corollary, that slide rule) held out to us by the Author in the Authentic Text.
There you go parroting his words in jest. Your posts are unproductive. When you have something meaningful to say, let me know.

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Page generated in 0.19833 seconds with 11 queries