View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 06:28 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
That's pretty close to mine. I mean, I am acquainted with various types of Republicans and other conservatives, and I do not advocate punching them in the head. I don't even advocate punching people for being racist in most cases.

A lot of people do overuse the term Nazi. I mean, Rush Limbaugh and his fans were the prime examples. Godwin's law points up the inevitability of it, even. I certainly am not advocating punching "grammar Nazis" and "feminazis" in the head, or just anyone who has been described as a Nazi at some point, because that's pretty much everyone.

I advocate punching Richard Spencer in the head. I advocate punching someone in the head if they were actively espousing Nazi policies. I would probably only advocate gut punches for teenagers drawing swastikas to be edgy, though, and I do not advocate punching people for disagreeing with me about politics or regular, sub genocidal social policies.

For the most part, of course it's preferable to address things non-violently, but there is a point where people can no longer be reasoned with and where they pose a serious danger, and Nazism is that point. People should be as afraid to publicly advocate Nazi policies as they would be to publicly advocate raping babies. Because those things would get them punched in the head.

But the fact that Nazis are not currently a major political force doesn't mean there aren't plenty of Nazis and Nazi wannabes out there. And I think they need to be dealt with swiftly and violently as necessary as a last line of defense.

For me it’s not Nazis. It’s Klan and Jim Crow 2.0 or Nazis with a Southern Drawl.

I knew lots of racist dipshits growing up who don’t care about facts, or logic, or reason. They occasionally use such tools to argue but never in good faith. I think it is best to just provide censure. For many of these rightwing talking point spouting dipshits, an offer to take the conversation to a physical space is all they respect.

Some dipshits can only have their minds changed with a brick.

Since I’m a big, fat cro magnon looking asshole, they don’t want to play. A touch of fear and censure can at least teach them to keep their bigoted views to themself.
BrotherMan (11-10-2018), Stephen Maturin (11-09-2018), Stormlight (11-14-2018), The Man (11-09-2018)

Page generated in 0.16519 seconds with 11 queries