View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Default Re: Just world fallacies and victim blaming

AML, men are not particularly more logical than women. The only documented "more logical" group is autistics, who are admittedly often pretty shy of empathy. But you're not logical; you're highly emotional and defensive. You seem to think that, because your expressed wording doesn't use emotional language, you're not being emotional, but that's not how it works. Emotions are earlier in the game than that; your emotions present an answer to you, then your "rational" mind comes up with excuses for them.

If you think you aren't emotional, all that means is that you're not even aware of this, and thus not taking it into account when trying to evaluate conclusions.

A typical result of this would be, say, a hilariously short-sighted view of fairness and justice in which someone who has never done or earned anything expresses contempt for people who have actually done stuff, on the grounds that the stuff he would have done if he'd done stuff would have been, like, super important.

You're a spoiled teenager, just like all the other spoiled teenagers, but without the redeeming traits because you've worked hard to eliminate them.

I've met people who are highly logical. You're not one of them.
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-04-2012), Janet (04-04-2012), The Man (04-06-2012)

Page generated in 0.13428 seconds with 11 queries