Thread: Growing veggies
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 10:27 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Default Re: Growing veggies

So yeah, we have eaten a shit load of pumpkin stuff in the last 10 days :lol:

This is what we made, all from that ONE pumpkin :nowai:

1 pumpkin cheesecake - awesome, like super awesome - got the recipe from home and it is top notch

2 pumpkin pies - fantastic! I use the same recipe every year now

2 loaves of 'pumpkin guts' bread* - holy shit people, this was super fucking awesome. It was moist like the wickedest banana bread and just as tasty. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS. Pumkin Gut Bread

1 batch of pumpkin white pasta sauce - this wasn't great really, neither Sou or I liked it much and we won't be making it again (thus no link because we didn't save it)

1 batch of tuscan pumpkin pasta sauce - we liked this one much better, it was okish while trying it from the pan, but once mixed with the spagetti and some Parmesan cheese it was actually really nice and we're saving this one. Tuscan Pummpkin Pasta Sauce

1 batch of pumpkin pancakes - they were decent, very, very thick batter that meant you could make a nice thick pancake, but honestly they weren't any better than normal pancakes really. Good way to use up some extra pumpkin puree, but probably not really worth going out of your way to make. Pumpkin Pancakes

And finally, one of the best for last: 1 batch of pumpkin hummus - really, really amazing. I sort of :heart: hummus and this was great. We both loved, loved, loved it. Total keeper. Pumpkin Hummus (we did not add the cinnamon)

Oh and we roasted the seeds with some sour cream and onion flavouring - yummy, Sou finds them a little chewy, but I love them.

Sou says any suggestions for something to make with the next pumpkin would be very welcome (I keep saying all cheesecake and hummus :D). She already has her eye on something called "no-knead pumpkin rolls with brown sugar glaze".

*So we can now use all of the pumpkin except the skin. Puree, guts and seeds :yes!:

Page generated in 0.38710 seconds with 11 queries