Thread: News Miscellany
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:18 AM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: News Miscellany

No, because there is a difference in the US. Of course Muslims will be off worse inside the US under Trump. Outside the US it won't make any difference whatsoever.

As for Clinton, she would have been even worse than Obama.

There's another reason why Trump may be even better in the end though, which is not so much about Trump/Bush or Clinton/Obama but about the rest of the world and the US. Under Bush there was a large anti-war movement in the US and in Europe, which disappeared under Obama, even though things were not improving. At. All.

Trump is going to isolate the US more than Bush already did, which forces the EU to take action of its own. That may end up harming Israel more than Trump helps them.

Quote:
Syria is a shitshow, but it's not clear to me how exactly Obama could've prevented that. He did get Assad to give up Syria's chemical weapons (it may not have been a complete success, but it seems it got rid of most of them). They may have tried to arm "moderates" and ended up arming extremists... But the US is not the only actor there, and some of them prefer the extremists. I don't agree with everything they've done there, but Syria is not all America's fault.
I didn't say it is. It's mostly been Saudis, Qataris and Turks arming the 'rebels'. SA and Qatar are both ruled by wahabi nutbags and the Turkish government is islamist too, so the results were predictable. But the US has been delivering weapons to 'moderates' knowing full well that al-Qaeda was taking over half those weapons from them. And it's only in the last couple of months that the US has been actively attacking al-Qaeda.
I don't think there is any conclusive proof that the Syrian gov't used chemical weapons. There have been accusations flying around all over the place, everyone except the Kurds has been accused of using them, with no real evidence on who was responsible.

As for Yemen, I do think the US could have reined in the Saudis. But the rest of the world doesn't seem to give much of a crap either.

Last edited by Watser?; 01-20-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-20-2017)

Page generated in 0.14677 seconds with 11 queries