View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 05:19 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Hooray. We're In ... Delaware?

One Dead After Prison Hostage Standoff

Quote:
One correction officer is dead after a 19-hour standoff at James T. Vaughn Correctional Center in Smyrna.

Both Delaware and Maryland State Police and other officials broke into C building at James T. Vaughn around 5:00 a.m. Thursday using a backhoe.

They rescued a female counselor in good health, but found 47-year-old Sgt. Steven Floyd unresponsive. The 16-year-veteran officer was later pronounced dead. It's unclear how Floyd died.

Inmates released two other corrections officers on Wednesday. They have been examined and released from the hospital.

State officials turned building water pipes back on as part of negotiations, only to have inmates use that against them as they tried to gain entrance Thursday morning.
According to a source I can't track down yet:

Quote:
Specific demands cited by hostage takers are "Education, we want education first and foremost. We want a rehabilitation program that works for everybody. We want the money to be allocated so we can know exactly what is going on in the prison, the budget."
But of course the news wants to go with ""Donald Trump. Everything that he did. All the things that he’s doing now. We know that the institution is going to change for the worse. We know the institution is going to change for the worse."
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-05-2017), Janet (02-08-2017), JoeP (02-04-2017), SR71 (02-04-2017), The Man (02-04-2017), Watser? (02-06-2017)

Page generated in 0.27064 seconds with 11 queries