View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Default Re: Do NOT skip your yearly check-ups ...

Thank you so much!

Yes, the cafeteria food is pretty-much pure starch loaded down with lots of salt and saturated fat. (Even when they do serve vegetables such as green beans, they cook them in margarine. Why? Beats me.)

So it's a very unhealthy diet at the cafeteria. I'm surprised there aren't more health concerns, honestly. An awful lot of our students (and Faculty) are grossly overweight, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that a lot of our students are already suffering from diabetes mellitus and/or hypertension.

Last year, one of our faculty members died of a stroke -- he was 2 years younger than me, and the poor-quality diet probably had a lot to do with it. And once I started asking around, it seems that most of our Faculty, even people in their early 30s, are hypertensive and/or diabetic.

So, from now on, I pretty-much go to the cafeteria for socializing only. I prepare my own meals -- mostly veggies -- with a lot less salt, simple carbohydrates, and saturated fat than what is to be found in the cafeteria food.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-08-2017), BrotherMan (03-07-2017), JoeP (03-07-2017), Qingdai (03-08-2017), The Man (03-07-2017)

Page generated in 0.12294 seconds with 11 queries