View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:51 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
Well, you did say exactly that in the only answers you have given me. And yet you insist that my questions have even answered and don't need answering again. Even though you here acknowledge your given answers to be mistaken. Is that reasonable?
Yup.
How is it reasonable to insist that I should be satisfied with answers you have admitted to be mistaken?

Quote:
So what is it you are asking? You want me to admit that photons have to travel 93 million miles to reach the sensor, and you're doing everything you can to accomplish this so I will have no recourse but to concede. Is that correct?
No, I'm simply asking you to honestly answer my questions. And you are refusing.

Quote:
I didn't say anyone implied that the Sun was not made of matter.
So why the hell did you bring it up?

Quote:
Spacemonkey, there are two sides to this highway, one is light traveling to Earth at 186,000 miles a second; the other is the eyes looking outward at the object. You are ignoring my side of the highway. That's why this discussion is a failure.
No, it's a failure because you keep refusing to answer my questions about your side of the highway, which is still a contradictory highway that doesn't work.

Quote:
Quote:
There is no 'mirror image effect' capable of relocating photons by 93 million miles in a nanosecond.
But that's not necessary. These photons are not required to travel on your side of the highway (even though they are the same stream of photons) for this account to work. My side creates a completely different scenario than the one you insist is the only one possible.
Who mentioned travel? I said that you need a 93 million mile RELOCATION of photons, and that 'mirror images' can't achieve this in a nanosecond.

Quote:
I didn't just make that up...
Yeah, you did. Mirror images getting to places before light can travel there is something you have completely made up.

Quote:
Quote:
... and we're not talking about any photons other than the ones at the film when the Sun is first ignited. Did THOSE photons travel the actual distance from the Sun to the Earth?
I'm not agreeing to something I don't agree to, just because you want me to. Mathematically speaking, it wouldn't take but a nanosecond for light from the Sun to be at the sensor when we're looking at the Sun directly. You are assuming the light that is being received 81/2 minutes later is the only possible way for light to be at the sensor, which isn't right. That's why I said we could see the object within nanoseconds while the light from the Sun is still traveling to Earth whereupon we would be able to see each other.
You STILL haven't answered the damn question!

We're not talking about any photons other than the ones at the film when the Sun is first ignited. Did THOSE photons travel the actual distance from the Sun to the Earth?

Quote:
We're discussing the same emitted light, so in that sense it is the same light but we're getting an image on the sensor in a nanosecond all the while the light is traveling to Earth. Two sides to the highway.
So you're not talking about the same light at all. Whenever I ask you about the light at the camera film, you start talking about different traveling light that is still on its way there.

Quote:
Quote:
The parts of the film exposed to arriving full spectrum light from the Sun react and turn white. The parts that are not exposed to this full spectrum light do not turn white. The result is an image of a white circle - an image of the Sun.
That makes sense...
Good. Then you can stop talking garbage about full spectrum light not being resolvable into an image.

Quote:
...but it still doesn't answer the question as to when this exposed film is interacting with this full spectrum light.
It interacts with the film when it gets to the film, obviously.

Quote:
Quote:
Which part of it was not true? Can light from the Sun be at the film on Earth without any change of location? Is the Sun not 93 million miles away? Can this light change location by this distance in any way other than by traveling?
Of course not.
So which part of what I said was not true?

Quote:
Quote:
Can it travel at any speed other than the speed of light? Can it travel 93 million miles at light speed in less than 8min?
Of course not. None of this is being debated Spacemonkey. This is 100% correct if the photons are traveling on your side of the highway.
You said that what I said was "Not true". How could this be if you are not debating any part of it?

Quote:
I know what you want. You just want to establish that light can only interact with film if it reaches the film on Earth because that's where the film is. I still dispute that this is the only plausible model for the reasons I have given over and over again.
I just want you to be honest and reasonable. But instead you are weaseling and refusing to answer my questions.
Angakuk (07-21-2014)

Page generated in 0.06863 seconds with 11 queries