Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 03:34 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: DC Nation

Well, it's over. Batman the Brave and the Bold series finale was last night. I can count on one hand the number of episodes I've seen so I don't feel I'm in a good position to judge the whole series. I don't remember the first one I saw, but it was early in the run.

Aquaman was a guest hero that episode and I hated what they did to him. Now, Aquaman gets a lot of crap for being a lame hero. Bruce Timm did some awesoming in the JLU, but then I never had the grudge against the King of the Sea some folks did. But initially it felt like a giant step backwards to make Aquaman a gigantic, extra strong idiot. It was like he became the Tick, but without all of that self awareness. But you know what? Subsequent appearances turned me around on him a bit. I mean, I still question the big strong moron part, but the bombast and over the top action/reaction really worked for this series.

I mostly forgot about it for most of its run. But I picked up an episode or two here right at the end. And you know something else? Turns out I think this show was a positive addition to the Batman works. The animation was top notch. The voice acting was great, with some fantastic casting. And watching the finale, I felt a little sad that it was going away. Most likely because I've seen preview concept art for what's coming next.
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (11-19-2011), wei yau (11-19-2011)

Page generated in 0.19337 seconds with 11 queries