View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 08:56 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Bits and PCs - a Computers and Tech Miscellany

I decided to start learning python, it’s amusing what things it’s picky about and what it’s ok with. Somewhere in previous programming I got in the habit of using indents to make things more readable to me, this is both good and bad. Omg yes Python, I know that’s not supposed to be indented.

My previous programing experience includes a variety of different basics and a little bit of C but where I spent most of my time was a combination of assembly and hypercard (which is a hilarious combination, given hypercard is basically scripted powerpoint and in assembly you’re controlling individual clock cycles and memory registers), which means I focused on fighting with the languages to do what I wanted as much as actually making things.

I wrote a quick Fizz Buzz* program and a terminal tic tac toe game, and my versions feel quite kludgy and BASIC style, so now it’s time to find some videos and do some reading, if anyone has any suggestions of Python for intermediates, I’ve found lots of Python for beginners but some are a bit too beginner.

There are a lot of code in my tic tac toe game that feel like there should be an option to condense things and let the language take over, like I’m sure there’s a way to make an array or matrix for my tic tac toe board instead of faking one with a few dozen independent variables.

*Fizz Buzz was stolen from a youtube video and is said to be an interview question. Write a program that outputs 1 to 100 but where ever there’s a multiple of 3 say Fizz, whenever a multiple of 5 say Buzz and a multiple of 3 and 5, FizzBuzz. I think FizzBuzz should be adopted as the thing after Hello world, since Hello World always felt a bit too simple to me for any language beyond assembly.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (01-24-2020), Crumb (01-25-2020), Ensign Steve (01-24-2020), JoeP (01-24-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-24-2020)

Page generated in 0.15130 seconds with 11 queries