View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 01:37 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Poll Re: Coulson Watches You While You Sleep

Agents of SHIELD s2e1 Shadows

Spoiled on account of very longness of a recap.

And those are the events as I witnessed them. Overall, not a bad episode. Though if you weren't in favor of it for the first season there's nothing new for you here. If you're curious the best I can recommend is to read recaps on your favorite geek site. I think Comics Alliance's recap was the best this week. It gave a good rundown on the events with little editorializing.

The show is still commiting the sin of over-zealousness. Too much reliance on tech-tech to magic up solutions instead of stronger writing. And they've really, really done a disservice with splitting Fitz-Simmons. As a pair they were the best source for lightening the mood. Iaian and Elizabeth have the best chemistry of any other set of characters on the show.

My single least favorite part was how Team Merc stumbled onto Absorbing Man at the end. It simply makes no logistical sense. An escaping prisoner wouldn't be walking down the middle of the street in the middle of the day. And I do mean walking. And somehow this multi-lane road near a military installation somewhere in Virginia was empty except for Absorbing Man and Team Merc.

They were all so close to a pretty good episode and that just upset it all for me. But, okay, here's the good: High profile, very powerful and seemingly long term enemies: Absorbing Man and Kraken.
Thanks, from:
Janet (09-25-2014), The Man (09-25-2014), wei yau (09-25-2014)

Page generated in 0.91739 seconds with 11 queries