Thread: Our two worlds
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Default Re: Our two worlds

Intelligence comes from these big expensive brains we carry around with us. Our brains are only 2% of us, by weight, but they expend 20% of our energy in their operations. No other animal has such an expensive brain. It's just biology, electro chemical processes. Nothing woo about it. It all happens right between our ears, right behind our eyes, right there in the confines of the brain case. There is still a lot to learn about the precise mechanisms by which it all happens, but we are learning more and more at a pretty good rate. It's becoming less mysterious all the time. We are lucky to be alive at this particular moment, there is so much you can learn about how you work that was absolutely mysterious in earlier times. I intend to avail myself of this benefit of modern science as far as my interests desire. I certainly won't fight against it and pretend it's not happening while favoring archaic beliefs.

In other words, intelligence does not just happen, our brains synthesize it for us.

Page generated in 0.26961 seconds with 11 queries