View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Return to Gender 101

I probably would have Rocky-Horror-Pictured-Showed you a lot...Dammit Janet! Which goes to show that if a name had no teasability at the moment, there's no guarantee that some pop culture thing or celebrity or even natural disaster (Katrina?) won't come along and make it ripe for amusing or nasty associations.

I grew up with very teasable first and last names. In fact there are multiple things about me that lend themselves to teasing or stereotyping or ostracization. But I have found the benefits of being me, with all my weirdnesses, outweigh the stupid shit people find to tease about. For example I have had multiple people tell me that they had made snap judgments about me based on my name, or appearance, or known associates, or affiliations or whatever and they were sorry for doing that because they were wrong. For someone (let alone several someones) to make an admission like that, unsolicited, indicates to me that I really shattered their stereotypes. That's good, I think
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (05-27-2011), It's Me! (06-07-2011), Nullifidian (05-27-2011), The Man (06-03-2011)

Page generated in 0.08003 seconds with 11 queries