View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 05:13 PM
California Sober

Default Re: What are we watching this Fall, y'all?

In addition to watching The Good Place, I have been listening to The Good Place Podcast. It's hosted by Mark Evan Jackson (the actor that plays Shawn), and his guests are all the actors and writers and directors of the show.

It's a podcast about making a TV show, by the people who make the TV show, so it's incredibly up its own ass and way too inside baseball, unless you're into that sort of thing. Hilarious references to Los Angeles geography like "a lot of auditions happen in Santa Monica" :lol: Get it?!

Also they are very :rainbowhurl: about how much they all love each other and love working together, it's enough to give you a tootheache.

That said! If you can get past all that, it is an excellent podcast and it has given me an greater appreciation of the show, which I am amazed was even possible.

Two of my favorite moments (out of billions):

Jackson asks Michael Schur (the show's creator), what specifically is his beef with Florida and Arizona. Schur's response is essentially, "You're kidding right? Do you know literally anything about Arizona and Florida? What's not to hate?" :lol:

Manny Jacitno (Jason) talks about working with Eugene Cordero (Pillboi) and how special it was to be doing a scene with another Filipino actor that had nothing to do with their being Filipino. Apparently that was a first for both of them.
Ari (10-12-2018), BrotherMan (10-09-2018)

Page generated in 0.15178 seconds with 11 queries