Old 03-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Why Clinton’s Private Email Server Was Such a Security Fail - Wired

And I still don't know who or what to believe at this point. So I'll just lol @ Mike Pence.
Without knowing more it's a crapshoot guessing game, but I would put running your own server and AOL on about the same level, as below proper DOD security procedures.
I got a friend who's head of Network Security at a university, and in his estimation a private server is, his words, "infinitely worse". I don't know how much of that is hyperbole but given that he's had a fantastic record, I'm inclined to believe "is worse". I have two basic questions unanswered, and I don't care enough to dig, 1: Did Clinton have an IT team? Clearly a 60 something politician with a budget had an IT team and did not set up a server on her own, much less deal with zero day exploits and other evils. So I'm inclined to call that a virtual certainty. 2: Did the IT team have all the proper clearances? If not, why the HELL not, and if so, I'm still inclined to put weight on the opinion of my friend, even if all the hows and whys are way above my pay scale.

But neither of us are American, and even if we were we would have primaried for Sanders but voted Clinton because holy shit Trump. And it's lame that I even feel this disclaimer is necessary in order to hopefully head off a reactionary tangent.

And while I'm doing disclaimers I'd like to reiterate that in my experience so far, :ff: has been thankfully pretty good in the area of reactionary tangents.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-05-2017), Limoncello (03-06-2017), Sock Puppet (03-05-2017), Stormlight (03-06-2017)

Page generated in 0.23089 seconds with 11 queries