View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: Blurple Ripple in 3,2,1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
I also don't think that Romney will be anything other than the weak-willed, morphing POS he's always been, so I don't think his past opposition to Trump will amount to a hill of beans now.
I think this is probably correct, but it's notable that Utah is one of the states where he could most afford to be anti-Trump. One of the House members there is relatively anti-Trump and won his primary and reelection easily. If he decides not to offer even a Flake-level opposition to Trump, it's because he doesn't want to.

On the other hand, if he gets a fit of conscience, it will be easy to indulge. But I suspect some of the Never Trump Republicans who assure us that Democrats were too hard on Romney and he really is a good man and it's so unfortunate he didn't win in 2012 because then there'd be no Trump, etc. etc. are about to find out how deluded they've been about him, because Romney won't do shit.
I expect about Flake-level of opposition, unless he finds some specific advantage to doing more (or less).

Rmoney is not a white nationalist and is mostly not prone to advocating conspiracy theories. There are many, many more worse Republicans out there, and I'd rather have him in the Senate than a whole lot of other people. I just don't think anyone should be optimistic about him.
Thanks, from:
SR71 (11-07-2018), The Man (11-07-2018)

Page generated in 0.30859 seconds with 11 queries