View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 AM
California Sober

Default Re: Health and Fitness Track, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
You runners and long-distance types, any idea what might cause something like that? Could it be something as simple as the fact that my second toe leans slightly to the right and that pressure built up over time causing a contusion? The bruise epicenter is definitely the bottom left corner of the toenail.
Hello! Here I am with my timely answer!

Whenever that has happened to me, it has been because my toenail was too long and/or my shoes were too tight. Sometimes I can feel it and it feels like the nail is getting lifted off the nailbed. Cuz it catches on the inside of shoe on the downstroke or something? I don't know how to explain it, but I can feel it happening and I know I'm going to have a purple toe.

They were in really bad shape a while ago. The big ones and the ones next to them (my next toe is longer than the big one) kept turning black and then falling off, sometimes the whole nail, and sometimes just one corner or other, like you described. It takes a while for the nail to grow back, weeks to months on the next one, about a year on the big one.

I was tired of having gross feet all the time so I started getting pedicures on the regular. The last time I was in I was scoping out my progress because that's the only time I ever see them because they always have polish on them. The pedicurist saw me looking and was like "yeah, they are healing" then she asked me why they were like that. I shrugged I was like "I run and I hike" and so she offered to go back and cut them shorter. I think that confirms my theory that it's the long toenails that cause it.

Page generated in 0.34633 seconds with 11 queries