Thread: Weird Dream(s)
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 03:41 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

I had an odd dream the other night. I dreamed I was on a space shuttle mission. NASA decided that some jobs on the mission did not require one to be a pilot or scientists. I was the operator of the robotic arm and a CO2 cartridge-powered camera drone that was used to inspect the shuttle heat shield tiles. One of the other astronauts was in the sleeping quarters and was awakened by the sound of something hitting the hull of the spacecraft. We told him we heard it too, then we all heard it again, and then it started sounding like hail on a tin roof. Someone reported it to Mission Control. A few minutes later, they said to shut the bay doors and reposition the ship to protect the heat shield tiles. The pilots made their way to their cockpit seats, and used the maneuvering jets to turn the ship around. I retracted the robotic arm and closed the bay doors while they were doing that. Just as I finished my tasks, I looked out a side port window, so see a stream of rocks like a flow moving maybe 30-40 kph toward the ship, just pelting the hell out of it, but not hard enough to penetrate the skin. Then there were some larger rocks hitting. We all cringed. The pilots then fired the retrorockets to move the ship to a higher orbit, up out of the stream of rocks. It seemed to take forever. Then I saw a really large rock tumbling toward us, larger than the shuttle itself. Collision seemed imminent. I awoke with my heart pounding. It was so vivid.
Crumb (09-06-2016), Ensign Steve (09-06-2016), Janet (09-07-2016), JoeP (09-06-2016), specious_reasons (09-06-2016), SR71 (11-06-2016), Stormlight (11-15-2016)

Page generated in 0.07058 seconds with 11 queries