View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 12:19 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: what forums are you on

So...I can report that what calls itself Talk Freethought is a fraud.

I got a chance to look at their 'moderation team'. Holy guacamole. They have seven administrators and eleven....count 'em, eleven (11) 'super moderators'.

Yes, they 'edit' posts they don't like...if you don't follow the TOU. I want to ask you to picture jackboots and clicking heels, but that would be hyperbole and a half. Instead, I think the best description is Heathen Hangout under Gurdur's administration, or IIDB as it was hurtling towards its inevitable demise. The censorship is strong. The asshat cliques are coalescing.

Talk Freethought is not a freethought site. Not when the owner scoffs and tells you that you have the right to think anything you want, but you can only express what they will allow you, it is NOT a freethinker site. It's just more wannabee thinkers without the freedom to speak, much less think. The leadership is hypocritical.

I was really amused by their policy of not allowing any open criticism of the board's administration, policy, or moderation. To discuss any proposed criticism of board policy or staff action, members are required to go to a 'private feedback' forum where the complainant can post their concern away from prying eyes and ears of everybody except the board authoritarians. Sweet, huh?

So, if you are in to intellectual bondage and intellectual circle jerks, TF is the place for you. If you're an actual freethinker, stay the fuck away. You will be sorely disappointed.
Ari (10-13-2018), But (10-01-2018), Ensign Steve (10-08-2018), JoeP (10-01-2018), lisarea (10-01-2018), Stephen Maturin (10-03-2018)

Page generated in 0.18743 seconds with 11 queries