View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Only in Oklahoma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
It would seem that people (or more likely, one or two dedicated editors) in Indiana and Oklahoma care a lot more about their counties.
But they don't care enough to get better than a "C" on their entry. Or maybe they're just victims of the Oklahoma educational system.
My reading of the map's legend is that C was better than "start", based on the ordering of the colors and that the states with more B-level county articles also have more C-level county articles. It would be strange if "start" was better than "C" based on the distribution on the map - it would imply that Indiana has some of the best county articles, yet many IN county articles are worse than typical. So it's actually showing that Oklahoma county articles are higher quality than average.

My guess is that "start" means basically "census figures and municipalities in the county" or something along those lines, and nothing else. That seems to be universal on county articles. Information about history and government and local culture, etc. is less guaranteed.

It seems that very few counties make it to B level. And only ~3 (can't tell what's going on in NYC) make it to "good article" (GA). And only 1 was a featured article.
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-18-2017)

Page generated in 0.26198 seconds with 11 queries