View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
1. What is it that causally interacts with the film to determine the color of the (allegedly real-time) photgraphic image?

Light.

2. Where is whatever it is that so interacts with the film?

At the lens. I'm really not sure if that's the answer you are looking for, because I'm not sure if I understood you correctly.

3. What properties of this determine the color of the resulting image?

The wavelengths.
Thank you. Now let's follow through on the implications of this. At time T1 the ball is blue, and film in the camera is forming a real-time blue image on the basis of the wavelength of the blue light present at the lens/camera, correct?

Next question: How did that blue light get there?

Light travels. So at time T-1 (a moment before T1) that light was presumably still blue and had not quite reached the lens/camera, and yet the ball at T-1 was red. So where did that blue light come from?
The blue comes from the absorption and reflection of the object that is being photographed, but when that object changes color, the absorption and reflection pattern changes as well.
That's a rather pathetic non-answer, Peacegirl. It's like you're not even trying to follow the example or understand it.

You've agreed that at T1, the very moment of the object's color change from red to blue, the film in the camera will be interacting with blue light present at the camera and will result in a real-time blue photographic image.

Of course that blue light comes from the object which reflects or emits that light, and of course the patterns of reflected light will change as the object changes color. But what you appear to be deliberately avoiding is the time element involved, by which any change in the pattern of light being reflected or emitted by the object will take time to reach the camera (where you agree it must be in order to interact with the film).

So I will make my questions more specific, so that you mght follow through the impossible implications of real-time photography (and therefore the impossibility of efferent vision) for yourself. My next questions concern the different states both at T1 (the time of the color change), and at T-1 (one moment before T1), when the object has not yet changed color and is still red.

1. Did the blue light present at the camera at T1 take time to arrive?

2. Did the blue light present at the camera at T1 travel from the object to the camera?

3. If your answer is yes to (1) and (2), then where was that light at T-1?

4. What color was that light at T-1?

5. What color was that light when it was first reflected or emitted by the object?

Please don't wait for this to be reposted another 5 times before trying to answer.
1st Bump.

(Any bets on how many will be required before Peacegirl attempts an answer?)

Page generated in 0.06788 seconds with 11 queries