View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 05:11 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Default Re: Ultimate Cagefight MMXIX, Democratic Edition

Mazie Hirono Dickpunches Bill Barr In The Teeth, Doesn't Even Say 'Aloha' - Wonkette

Quote:
And then OH DAMN, Hirono was the first senator to say what we've been saying all day, and she said it to his face:
You lied to Congress. You told Rep. Charlie Crist that you didn't know what objections Mueller's team might have to your March 24 so-called "summary." You told Senator Chris Van Hollen that you didn't know if Bob Mueller supported your conclusions. But you knew. You lied. And now WE KNOW.

And she's right. Bill Barr did lie to Congress.
Hirono said she wasn't surprised by any of this, and this is why she voted against him.
She finished her monologue by saying Barr had betrayed Americans' trust, and should therefore RESIGN. (Kamala Harris also said in no uncertain terms after the hearing that Barr should GTFO and resign.)
I am the so large fan of Mazie! Harris Mazie in 2020, or Mazie Harris, whichever.

2016 I was stoked to vote for a woman, if for no other reason than it's about time, isn't it? I wasn't that stoked it was Hillary. This time'll be different though, because at least I'll be stoked for the candidates, and if they don't win, at least I will have been happy to push the button for them.

I think the minority and women's votes will be key. I'm guessing independent women might be more easily swayed to vote D then Indy men will be swayed to vote R. From what I can ferret out, women and minorities may well turn out in good numbers.

I understand the concerns about Harris, but I think she has the steel to go toe to toe with that ridiculous bully we have now, and she can appeal to some crucial segments of the party.

btw the rest of the article is pretty entertaining in typical wonkette fashion
JoeP (05-06-2019), The Man (05-06-2019)

Page generated in 0.34772 seconds with 11 queries