View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Is it OK to punch a Nazi in the head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
You can listen to as little or as much as you want, dude. But if you want to find fault with some of it, you should listen to that particularly carefully in case it doesn't go how you thought it would go.
Look, I'm tired of generic internet contrarians, so when I see a 15 minute controversial video posted without comment I immediately side eye it as someone waiting for someone to reply just so they can so, "no, I didn't mean that!" or other dumbass we are all 15 again "gotcha" bullshit. As an adult assume you can write a few lines to provide context for your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Jones says that liberals think they believe that those who put their values over their money are noble people and not idiots. Yet we (some of us) call working class white republicans "stupid" for voting against their economic interest.
Sure and with short enough sentences and no details it allows someone to say 'both sides are equal.'

Another false equivalency to make it appear "both sides are the same" since apparently putting values over *my* money is the same as voting against economic interest, which is just stupid. Back when I lived in republican fire country many altruistic liberals would vote to give their money away, to the local fire department. What values voters! am I right? No, of course not, they just didn't want their town to burn down. Many old republicans voted in favor of keeping their hoard to themselves, fuck everyone else. Which is a large difference between the two sides, one side sees giving money to anyone outside of their tribe as throwing money away, the other realizes having a functioning society benefits all. A corporation voting to increase its taxes isn't acting out of personal values or altruism but one that realizes investing in the US so that people can actually go out and buy their product is a smart long term investment. It's sad that it would appear 'thinking about the future' is considered going against ones economic interests.

This also suggests that if republicans vote against their economic interest then they must be voting for their values. What values are those, family? nope. Marriage? nope. Children? Nope. Christianity? Nope. Obama's a N** and Hillary's a bitch... yep! Racism and sexism are the top supported republican values.

Then this also assumes republicans actually know they are voting against their economic interest and are choosing to do so on purpose. But the number of coal miners among others, have shown that many republicans thought they were voting in their own economic interests but got tricked.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-10-2018), The Man (07-11-2018)

Page generated in 0.22713 seconds with 11 queries