View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: Neither WAR nor WoW

Quote:
Oooh, also since I bought the CoH/CoV combo game, I get a VIP Pocket D pass.

What is it?
It's two things (sort of): It's a badge (which means nothing unless you want it to). It also grants a teleport power directly into the Pocket D. You can also access Pocket D via Kings Row, Talos Island, Founders Falls, Port Oakes, Sharkhead Isle and St. Martial.

Quote:
- BrotherMan is cool for showing me the basics around the game. Also looking forward to hooking-up with bey.
I've been giving you space to explore on your own just holla if you want to get together. There is a lot to know, hints, tips, secrets and all manner of things. Paragon Wiki is one place to find information (so long as you have an idea of what you're looking for). Otherwise, the official forums are, or can be, very helpful.

Quote:
- Leveling up 12 characters together is a long-drawn out process. Still, as I've been told, it's a great way to explore and learn all about the game.
"Blue side" has been around longer, has more zones and more niche zones than "red side." Contacts blue side were programed to send you around the city to accomplish your goals. Newer blue side stuff (Hollows, Striga Isle, Faultline, Croatoa) have zone arcs that are fun to go through.

Quote:
- I think I like playing villains more than heroes. No big surprise, really. But, the hero cities seem to be more expansive.
It is smaller red side but adding to that feeling is that most contacts send you on missions in the same zone. A lot of lessons learned from blue side were applied red side and resulted in a better feel, generally. I dislike it over there but it's because of the dreary aesthetics.

Quote:
- Galaxy City is empty compared to Atlas.
Back during beta they had to add another starting zone to alleviate the crowds and multiple zone spawns. (When a zone reaches capacity a parallel zone is created. At launch it wasn't strange to see Atlas Park 1-4.)

Quote:
- The criminal denizens of the aforementioned cities are either very brave or incredibly stupid. I've got a hero that sets fire to people. Still, even as they watch one of their homies get burned alive, they come at me.
Yes. Goons am dum. But, they have to be, right?

Quote:
- I giggle whenever my Tanker wielding a ginormous lumberjack ax wades into a cluster of gangers. He just swings that blade, there is a wet squelching sound whenever he connects. I can only imagine the amount of gore in such a fight. Still, when it's over, a grateful citizen always comes up to thank him.
Oh, it only gets better (as long as you can perservere through the button clicking to see it).

Quote:
- The Vlahizok are nasty. Just plain nasty.
Yes. Especially for the level you encounter them they are vile to the unsuspecting hero.

Quote:
- Sure, I get ambushed by Clockwork robots whenever I venture too far from city center. But, when I need to smash five of them to fulfill a mission, there are none to be found.
Isn't that the way of it!

Quote:
- I've got flight envy. And I'm jealous of those tall-building leapers, too. It takes forever to run across town.
Flight is my favorite.

Quote:
- I've no idea how to start RP'ng with others. Do you just start with a greeting in hero-ese?
You can. Atlas Park, under Atlas is one place for general role play. To find the easiest concentration of role players the Pocket D (or just the D). A word of caution: It takes ALL kinds to make the D work. Most evenings you'll find the center dais of the D crowded with people shucking and jiving. They are listening to The Cape Radio, a player run radio station.

This holds true for Virtue especially. On most other servers the D is a ghost town.

Page generated in 0.23510 seconds with 11 queries