View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
I never said there wasn't a time delay. I said there might be some other cause for it. If you believe science got it right, that's fine with me. If you don't think there's a possibility that Lessans' claims could be right, then you have every right to reject them.
The time delay is relative to what we see, and we see the image of an object, as it was in the past, depending on how long it takes for the light to arrive from that object. Light that is reflected off of an object and traveles to our eyes is the only link, and the only means we have of seeing the object. Therefore Lessans claim that we see objects instantly is false, efferent vision is false, we see things as they were in the past, afferent vision is true as has been confirmed by observation, testing, and empherical knowledge. Lessans ideas about vision are rejected, and if he was wrong about this he could have been wrong about other ideas he had, and probably was wrong. That Lessans was wrong about this doesn't prove anything, but is a pretty good indication that he was wrong about other things.

Page generated in 0.13907 seconds with 11 queries