View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Default Re: Why the Mainstream Media Really Sucks

Most of this has already been addressed at length, but I would like to note that davidm is shamelessly lying, while accusing us of lying. Almost Trumpian in his level of projection.

davidm is referring to a post I made where I – hyperbolically – said that the media didn’t cover Hillary’s policy proposals. davidm wants us to believe that, as an “editor for a major daily”, he doesn’t possess an understanding of the English language sufficient enough to recognise a commonly used figure of speech. I don’t for a fucking second believe this, making it lie #1.

Even if we buy the extremely unbelievable premise that he didn’t recognise the hyperbole, however, I explicitly told him that it was hyperbole in a subsequent post, which he never responded to, or even acknowledged.

So he’s lying. He knows that no one here has ever literally said that Hillary’s policy proposals weren’t covered at all, but he’s still acting as though I did.

In conclusion, fuck off, liar.

(NB. I try not to waste time with interlocutors who are clearly engaging in bad faith, so I probably won’t bother addressing the rest of davidm’s bullshit.)

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 06-05-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.23843 seconds with 11 queries