View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Dungeons and Dragons

It was great! :yes!:

A friend that we play Magic with knew that we had played little to no D&D, so she put together a little baby intro quest for us. It was me and bey and another couple that we were meeting for the first time (though ostensibly I should have known the guy from work? :shrug:). It seemed like they had plenty of D&D experience, but they were keen to play in newbie mode with us, and they had fun miniatures and dice and things to share.

You guys, do you even know how fucking convoluted this game is? I mean I knew it was involved but damn, not like this. If I hadn't started on my character sheet a month ahead of time, and legit studied these videos, I would have been completely lost. No joke, I did not even work this hard in college.

I had a lot of fun developing my character ahead of time, and doing the quest itself. While all the math stuff was way harder than I thought it would be, the story-telling part came way more easily than I expected. It was really fun to collaborate and come up with the story together. I think it definitely helped having the people we had and the DM we had. Which, duh.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Would play again.
BrotherMan (01-29-2019), Crumb (01-29-2019), Deadlokd (10-29-2019), JoeP (01-28-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-29-2019), Kyuss Apollo (02-10-2019), slimshady2357 (01-29-2019)

Page generated in 0.15936 seconds with 11 queries