View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:27 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Trivial things that annoy you

Trivial things that annoy me:

1. People who don't show up when they say they will.

I moved my utility trailer by hand so the old refrigerator and water heater were accessible, and I rolled the barrel of scrap metal out of my shop building, which I was going to let the scrap man have for nothing, including the barrel. They were a no-show. The guy on the phone said it was too cold and it was raining. It was 37 deg F and very lightly misting. Sheesh. Fuck them, I'll load that shit on the utility trailer and haul it to the metal recycling place myself then, and I'll get the money for it.

Pest control guy, in the off-season, offered to do a free termite inspection. Okie-dokey, 10AM Friday, he says. At least he called to say he wasn't going to make it because he had a dead battery on his company truck. Some other time,... maybe.

2. People who ask for something for free then get picky about it.

A guy placed a Craigslist ad asking for tires a certain size that would fit a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I happen to have one that size, a tire that was barely used before we decided to get an entire new set of tires. I contacted him. First he asked if it came with a wheel. No wheel. Then he said he was looking for matched pairs of tires. Well, fuck you very much. Now I'm going to drill holes in it and drop it in a ditch somewhere, you fucking fuck.
Angakuk (12-17-2016), BrotherMan (12-17-2016), ceptimus (12-17-2016), JoeP (12-17-2016), lisarea (12-17-2016), slimshady2357 (12-17-2016), Sock Puppet (12-19-2016), Stormlight (12-18-2016), Watser? (12-17-2016)

Page generated in 0.28686 seconds with 11 queries