View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Seen any crappy movies?

Creator, which I caught last night on one of the Showtime channels. Peter O'Toole, Virginia Madsen, Mariel Hemingway, Vincent Spano, David Ogden Stiers were all wasted in this piece of crap from 1985.

O'Toole's character trying to clone his dead wife 30 years after her death; Hemingway's character donating one of her eggs for the project, then trying to convince O'Toole's character to marry her. He eventually does marry her and the end of the movie reveals he's knocked her up. Ew! 19 year old fucking a 70 year old? Ew!!

Then there's the other couple, Spano and Madsen, falling in love and then a brain aneurysm or something puts her into a coma. Everybody's ready to pull the plug because she's not in there anymore and he gets all nuts trying to save her from the doctor and the parents who want to "let her go". The overacting that went into that mess made me ill but for some reason I was unable to look away.

Somewhere in there is a sub-subplot where Ogden Stiers is trying to get O'Toole forcefully retired so he can get some research money or something. Can't be bothered to figure any of that out.

So why did I sit through it? To catch a glimpse of John Dehner, who I'm a fan of after listening to his Paladin in the radio version of Have Gun, Will Travel.

Tsk. The things I put myself through for the most trivial of reasons.
Brimshack (03-21-2010)

Page generated in 0.13254 seconds with 11 queries