View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Compensating for something...

Default Re: What the fuck, Florida?

Quote:
It is still considered a violation of the fourth amendment to require employees in other roles, like statisticians or scientists or whatever, to submit to drug testing without reasonable suspicion.
Fair enough, I am corrected on the legal standing.

Not so convinced by the logic below, however.

Quote:
Unlike blood alcohol tests or breathalysers, drug tests don't determine whether you are intoxicated. They determine whether you have any of the tested drugs in your system. Marijuana stays in your system for a really long time, long after any intoxicating effects have worn off.
Alcohol use is not illegal, only use to a certain extent conducting certain activities. I don't believe there are any condition or level-based criteria on whether other drug use is illegal (outside of medical laws in some states) so the requirement for 'currentness' seems useless.

Quote:
And there's also a pretty big difference between operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway and sitting at a desk typing. Including the obvious difference between how your actions might affect others', and the fact that driving on public roadways is not considered a legal right.
I don't believe that working for the government is a legal right either, and have you never seen the results of having a government agency make a 'clerical error'? I was once on the receiving end of a several-thousand dollar one, it wasn't pleasant for a few months.

NTM

Page generated in 3.50751 seconds with 11 queries