View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 03:07 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Privacy, Anonymity, and Compartmentalization

The facial detection software used for years in things like phones and cameras is a pretty simple algorithm that hunts the image specifically for the light and dark contrast created by the T of your eyes and nose and then expands out from there to refine the search making the assumption that once it’s found the T, it should only be so far before it finds the A, er I mean the chin, or similar features. If it finds that contrast it assumes face and puts a box around it. It’s a simple algorithm and it works way better than anyone expected for how dumb it is.

The article mentions something like face ID, but that isn’t what this makeup would be for. Instead if those building facial recognition software take any shortcuts, like say decides to use this algorithm to toss out bits of the image or video it doesn’t think is a face so the big processor intensive facial recognition guns can only focus on relevant data then a bit of makeup will go a long way to keeping the machine from even assuming you have a face to begin with.

This all does make me wonder what exactly face recognition engineers are doing with people who wear photo realistic t-shirts of other people.
Thanks, from:
fragment (07-09-2019), JoeP (07-10-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-09-2019), The Man (07-09-2019)

Page generated in 0.24660 seconds with 11 queries