View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Soup For You! Or, a Thrad about Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
I salute you sir! Where lesser men would have mucked around with fresh ingredients and basic cooking techniques, you scorn all that as a challenge unworthy of the true cooking adept. Someone with advanced soupsmithing skills does not need to stoop to the rude mechanical labor of chopping, dicing or god forbid sautéing, but is so exquisitely skilled that he can craft a soup entirely out of other soups!

A meta-soup, if you will. A soup of soups. A symphony of soups. Soup Squared.

The art, no doubt, lies in selecting the exact right brands of canned, processed soup that will lead to the precise result you are looking for – a carefully balanced admixture, which will magically turn one soup into another. You have not shared those, which is understandable, as these are probably part of the deep mysteries of true soup alchemy. We lesser soupmakers must gaze at what might be, and imagine the delight, knowing that we will never attain those lofty heights.

Not all brands are available in all areas, so I hesitated to specify which brands I used. If you insist on trying to use the same brands that I did, here they are.
Progresso - Classic Mushroom, NE clam chowder.
Campbell's - Cream of Shrimp, Cream of Celery.
Bumble Bee - Pink Crabmeat.
Crown Prince - Minced Clams.
Chicken of the Sea - Tiny Shrimp.
Pacific - Chicken Broth.
Bragg - Liquid Aminos.
Jalapeno peppers were fresh produce, whatever the store had. Each one was a little bigger than my thumb.

If you didn't guess by now, the recipe makes a lot of soup. You can serve it to a large group, or put some in the freezer for later. There are a lot of things in it that I am not supposed to eat, but I do anyhow.

Page generated in 0.25579 seconds with 11 queries