View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 05:05 AM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Iffy therapies given thumbs up by the FDA. SCARY! I'm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
We don't get the truth about the risks of many treatments, only the benefits.
What planet are you living on? I have never had a medical procedure or treatment where both the benefits and risks have been laboriously enumerated. Sometimes I stop the doctor because I have heard it before and tell them to just get on with it. The medical professionals that I have encountered have gone out of their way to be sure that I understand everything about a procedure or treatment. Apparently you have not been to a doctor in many years and are not familiar with the practices that happen in a doctors office. You need to stop getting your information from comic books and the loonie anti-medicine sites.
Oh...I dunno. I have plenty of interactions with physicians. I'm not particularly impressed, either. I had an otorhinolaryngologist who promised me all sorts of phoney shit, acting like he knew it all, and when he fucked it all up, he hid behind the disclaimer and the institution. There are all too many physicians who are lying chickenshits. Finding a trustworthy physician is rather like finding a trustworthy mechanic or plumber; a rarity.
Angakuk (10-15-2016), peacegirl (10-15-2016), Stephen Maturin (10-15-2016)

Page generated in 0.27828 seconds with 11 queries