View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:35 AM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Default Re: What's up with you?

Was supposed to be on vacation this week. Daughter of friends was getting married in Denver, so we used a timeshare exchange to get a place in Avon for the week. Then the person who was to be watching one of my transactions at work turned in her resignation, and we canceled the vacation--still flew to Denver for the wedding, but came back Monday, and stayed in Denver instead of the timeshare.

Drove down to Colorado Springs Sunday morning, before the wedding, to see Garden of the Gods. Will have to go back with our grandchildren.

Monday, had a four-hour layover in Salt Lake City. My youngest brother and his wife and daughter came out and ate dinner with us, and we got to visit for awhile. Unexpected pleasure.

While we were gone, a hive of bees moved into an old barbecue down by our pool. Since my sister-in-law is having her birthday party here tomorrow, we blew $175 on having the bees rescued. (The guy collects the bees, alive, and re-establishes the hive up in Boulevard, if the bees are not too aggressive. Video here.)

My email is too full at work; I need to go in tomorrow and delete a bunch of stuff so that I can send emails again. Mrs. ShottleBop will come with me; we'll walk up into Little Italy for dinner and then watch the fireworks over the bay.

Page generated in 0.07672 seconds with 11 queries