Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:00 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Default Re: DC Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
At my most optimistic I'd suggest that's just a bad trailer. Except I'm not optimistic about it. It's like they asked "What did everyone love about Teen Titans (and I assume TTGo!)?" That is was bright and funny and fun, right? We're not doing that. We have to do the opposite, right? That's what the youth is into nowadays? The Badness of Breaking? Yeah, okay. Let's go that direction. It's all the dark grittiness of the metal age (90s?) turned up to 11 and then they broke the knob off.

I live in the universe where the so-called good guys kill people. I want my fantasies to strive to do better.
I've been sick for the last three days so I binged this series. I went into it not knowing anything about it and being surprised to even see the show pop up on Netflix.

It was OK. It was sort of like DC tries to make a Daredevil-like show in terms of gritty-meaty-flesh-pounding darkness.

Fantastic performances from Anna Diop (Koriand'r), Alan Ritchson (Hank Hall) and Curran Walters (Jason Todd- Robin2).
Decent performances from Brenton Thwaites (Dick Grayson), Ryan Potter(Gar -Beast Boy)
Not a great job from Teagan Croft (Rachel Roth), but she's young and seemed to be getting better throughout the show.

It kept me interested and I'll definitely watch season 2 whenever it comes out.

Page generated in 0.15912 seconds with 11 queries