View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: What's for Dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDahlia
I was prevailed upon to produce a low-cal dinner tonight, to kick off the death-camp diet that hubby and I are about to start. We're having grilled eggplant, topped with a sort of phony ratatouille-y thing consisting of tomatoes, roasted bell peppers, pine nuts, Kalamata olives, black beans, a little feta, parsley and scallions, dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. Brown rice on the side, maybe some plain yogurt. I think it will be good.
Ha ha! You are my inspiration!

We went to the farmer's market again today (we're going every Saturday because it rocks), and I got a bunch of little tiny eggplants, so I was going to make eggplant parmagiana, but then I realized I don't have any mozzarella, and I'm all like, "WTF? Now what do I do? I will go look in the dinner thread and see if anyone ever makes eggplant." Because I don't make eggplant much. And there we have it. Kind of make it sharper or something, with some bitey stuff to counter the round stuff? I will spice up the marinara sauce a little hotter, then saute the eggplant kind of garlicy and make some noodles, and put parmesan cheese all over the whole thing, I think. I am not as scared anymore, but someone better pray for me anyway.

Also, they have the most beauteous spring mixes, with assloads of arugula and such teeny baby greens you don't have to ever tear anything up, and I got little tiny plum tomatoes or something like that--I don't know what they are, but they're tiny and funny-shaped--and cucumbers with dirt still on them, which I should clean off first. And we have this big lurvely wooden salad bowl that makes salads crazy sexy.

We also have French melons for dessert.

Man alive, I love that farmers' market.

Page generated in 0.16066 seconds with 11 queries