View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:39 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Default Re: Ultimate Cagefight MMXIX, Democratic Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
It's such utter fucking bullshit. Our family was convinced that my maternal great-great grandmother was Native American, based on what my grandmother always said. It was only very recently that we found out that, while she probably believed that 100%, she was most likely wrong - we don't seem to have the DNA we should, plus there is no other evidence to corroborate it. I think my grandmother based the whole thing on her memory of what her grandma looked like.

TL;DR - Warren was probably working under the same sort of family "certainty" that I was. I bet a dollar to a donut that she was never dishonest about it whatsoever. But Agent Orange managed to twist the narrative just right, and now she has "baggage."

Hurry up, please, Mr. Mueller. Fucker needs to be forced to resign BEFORE the election, not after.
That can very much be the case, but I perceive a great risk in counting on anyone to be fair. It's pretty clear cut. She had a DNA test, she isn't NA. She wrote Native American on that card. She didn't just appropriate minority culture, she appropriated minority identity. I don't think that's going to go over very well.
That was not my understanding at all.

She had claimed that her family had accepted that there was a native American ancestor. She recently had a DNA test done which confirmed that there WAS an American native ancestor, but it was further back in the family tree than she thought and it did not qualify her for any benefits under the law whatsoever.

The evidence fit her claim, though. It was a valid but dilute claim. Dump welched on his wager....big surprise.

And, yes....My family went through this same pile of bullshit. Prior to my grandparents generation, my family hailed from the Dakotas. They spent two or three generations in the proximity of the Lakota reservation. In my youth, I had one of my six aunts launch a claim that there was a Lakota ancestor. She even enlisted my grandmother's complicity in putting forward the claim. It took another aunt twenty years of sleuthing and multiple contacts with the reservation authorities to put the false claim to rest, before DNA testing was a thing. Subsequent DNA testing shows NO NA genetic influence whatsoever....it's all Anglo-Celtic ancestry. Whitebread white bread. Well, shiploads of freckles.

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 02-12-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (02-12-2019), The Man (02-12-2019)

Page generated in 0.23682 seconds with 11 queries