View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 05:28 PM
Bow down before me ... or not.

Default Re: First World Problems

I'm heading to the state fair. I'm sure when I'm there someone in the family will hand me some sort of horrible deep fat fried object to eat. One year they were serving deep fat fried; oreos, candy bars, twinkies, chocolate cupcakes, sticks of butter, etc. You could also bring your own food from another vendor and pay to have it deep fat fried.

There was a place last year that you could order a $10 plate of curl sliced fried potatoes. I ordered it because it was the most healthy thing I could find. I passed on the Steak Dinner in a Cup (steak pieces, mashed potatoes, etc.) which looked sort of like a 44 oz big gulp of baby food with gravy on top. My paper plate was completely saturated with grease as well as a bunch of napkins I used to compress as much out as possible.

This year's health food addition is Halls Family Foods Cucumbers with a menu of; Cucumbers stuffed with either chicken salad, tuna salad, seafood salad or ranch. Fried veggies - mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, green tomatoes, onion rings and pickles. Literally under the state fair website's Health Conscious food section. So my healthy option this year might be a cucumber stuffed with ranch dressing and a side of deep fat fried zucchini. Or I may just stick to an all beer diet this year and carb up.

My stomach hurts thinking of going. But I'm doing it for my family who purchased Kelly Clarkson tickets. Which is the unfortunate highlight of the night. Maybe the pig/goat/sheep/cow will give birth in the maternity ward while we're there.

The saving grace of going to the fair is feeling super skinny walking around in that crowd. You do have to watch out so you don't get run over by a mobility scooter.

Last edited by ImGod; 08-24-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-25-2018), JoeP (08-24-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (08-24-2018), lisarea (08-24-2018), slimshady2357 (08-24-2018), Sock Puppet (08-24-2018), Stormlight (08-28-2018)

Page generated in 0.26998 seconds with 11 queries