Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
By the way, I reject Scarborough's claim that "this is not the Party of Reagan." The modern Republican Party is exactly the Party of Reagan.

After all, it was Reagan who proved that a platform based on racism, anti-intellectualism, demonization of the poor, demonization of the "Liberal Media," demonization of "Big Government," and overt favoring of the interests of the wealthy over those of everyone else -- could be a winning political strategy.

As such, Trump and the modern Republican Party are simply the logical result of nearly 40 years of following the path that Reagan blazed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Quote:
Donald Trump has pressed fast forward on the decline of the United States as a global leader.
Trump is just a symptom, the disease is these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
When I was waiting in line to vote back in November, I overheard a couple of people in front of me saying that they felt that neither Democrats nor Republicans truly represented their interests. Consequently, they were planning to vote for Trump -- even though they were fully aware that he was a horrible person and that he certainly wasn't concerned with the welfare of poor and working-class Americans such as themselves. So, what was their reasoning? They figured that the entire system was corrupt and needed to be brought down, so that it could then be rebuilt from the bottom up. And they figured that Trump was just the sort of person who would bring the entire system crashing down.

They even noted that there was no guarantee that if Trump did bring the entire system crashing to the ground that what would arise from the wreckage would be any better than what we currently have. Nonetheless, they insisted, things were unlikely to become any worse from their perspective -- and might even get better.
Kamilah Hauptmann (08-11-2017), lisarea (08-07-2017), Stephen Maturin (08-07-2017), Stormlight (08-08-2017), The Lone Ranger (08-07-2017), The Man (08-07-2017)

Page generated in 0.07936 seconds with 11 queries