View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
God Made Me A Skeptic

Default Re: Autism, Asperger's, ASD, and maybe people who are just annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Changed your experience from what to what?
Rather than figuring out each individual social difference and rule separately, I can go through a large list of them checking whether they apply. I'm no longer trying to reinvent everything. I could probably have done this pre-diagnosis, but would have been less confident in it.

As a secondary thing, there is a huge difference between "I believe I am autistic" and "I have a clinical diagnosis of autism" in communication. The world is full of people on the internet who clame to be autistic so they can be jerks to people. A formal diagnosis makes peplle more inclined to accept the explanation. (This is a dangerous amount of power to give to someone who is capable of carefully consciously planning how to use social norms and constructs...)

Quote:
I finally stood my little island. It was a transformation that met resistance from others and eventually an acceptance. I too came to accept their differences without so much internal animosity towards them.
This makes some sense. It's easier to accept that other people really *can't* help being shallow and irrational. :P
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Thanks, from:
Crumb (04-18-2009), Pinecone (04-17-2009)

Page generated in 0.28065 seconds with 11 queries