Thread: DC Nation
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: DC Nation

Quote:
Overall it was pretty mediocre, I thought. The thing that bothered me most was the fake killing of Cobblepot. The writers and the audience know he's going to come back and become much more evil. So it looks like sparing him is a bad thing. I'm getting a little tired of the Batman should really kill everyone second guessing. That kind of bloodthirstiness turns me off.
I'm so okay with Batman's One Rule that I didn't even consider that people might think that Gordon should have killed Cobblepot (or, in alternate universes, that Bullock should have and then killed Gordon). My problem with the scene is that no one asked for any kind of verification. Bullock didn't think to (so far as we know) and the people who ordered Bullock to force the issue didn't ask. The (evil) powers that be in Gotham just took it on faith that an honest cop in Gotham would just up and kill someone under the threat of death. Like, in the following days when no body shows up they aren't going to ask Bullock what really happened? I can only imagine it going like this:

Thanks, from:
Janet (09-23-2014)

Page generated in 0.32507 seconds with 12 queries