View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Bend Over, Facebook is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
Quote:
Everything is opt-in on Facebook. Participating in the service is a choice. We want people to continue to choose Facebook every day. Adding information — uploading photos or posting status updates or “like” a Page — are also all opt-in. Please don’t share if you’re not comfortable.
I have to say I'm with him on this. Who puts stuff up on facebook that they want to keep private? Isn't the whole point of it to share your info out? It's not email or IM. If that photo or comment or whatever isn't for public consumption, why the hell are you posting it up on the internet in the first place? I don't understand the cries of "Facebook made my info public!" when it's like, no, you made your info public when you decided to upload it to Facebook. Or in other words, if you don't like it, gtfo. :shrug:

I am not speaking to the specific cases like two Christmases ago when they were linked up with Amazon and Fandango and were updating your facebook status with "so-and-so just bought the DVD of Star Trek!" or whatever. That shit was just stupid and fucked up.
Adam (05-12-2010), Ari (05-12-2010), wei yau (05-12-2010)

Page generated in 0.34766 seconds with 11 queries